Cobra Rods - (50) 1/2" x 2"
Cobra Rod is a wood preservative, fungicide and insecticide. The product takes the form of a solid cylindrical rod that is about a inch in diameter and comes in 2 inch lengths. The rod is a deep green color and has a glass-like look and feel. Each rod comes with a treated capping plug that is designed for removal and post re-treatment. These compounds are melted and fused into the form of a solid glass-like rod, which begins to dissolve with moisture in the wood and travels throughout the entire wood section at the groundline zone. Cobra Rod will arrest early stages of decay and set up a defensive protection for years.
Cobra Rod Fast Facts:
- Cobra Rod is a solid rod-shaped co-biocide - with boron and copper - that is installed inside the wood. Activated by moisture, it sets up a barrier against rot and insect infestation.
- Cobra Rod controls fungal decay and wood-boring insects - i.e. both a fungicide and insecticide.
- Cobra Rod is: safe to handle; safe to the environment; easy to install; and longer lasting than pre-treated lumber or topical applications.
- Cobra Rod is more environmentally acceptable than traditional toxic alternatives.
- Cobra Rod actives, Copper and Boron, are extremely toxic to fungal decay and insects, yet is not toxic to humans and mammals.
- Cobra Rod is approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA-USA).
- Cobra Rod is comprised of three recognized water-diffusible wood preservatives, Anhydrous Disodium Octaborate, Copper Oxide and Boric Acid.
- Major Electric Utility and Hydro Companies throughout North America have used Cobra Rod for years to extend the life of their wood utility poles. The product is proven to have saved these companies 10's of millions of dollars in remediation and pole replacement costs over the past 20 years.
- Active ingredients are Boron, (Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate and Boric Acid) and Copper, (Cupric Hydroxide as copper metal).
- Treatment cycle is 8 to 10 years.