Grip Strip - 3" Width x 200´ Length
Grip Strip is a closed cell trapezoid shaped product which, under normal use will not cause blisters in chinking material. Unique design provides excellent fit with a flat surface within chink joint, resulting in saving on chinking. Can be used on exterior or interior surfaces. Comes in 4' lengths. Repels moisture.
Backer Rod is a foam material used to fill large checks and gaps between logs. It also provides support for chinking and sealants. Its primary purpose is act as a "bond-breaker" and promote two-point adhesion (see diagram), giving the joint and sealing material the ability to compress and expand as logs move. Sealants and chinking do not adhere to the backer rod - only to the log surfaces of the joint - allowing for movement without damaging the sealing material.
- It provides a firm chinking or caulking surface
- Its shape and texture allow it to be easily installed without using staples, nails or glue
- It repels water. (Most open cell products absorb water)
- It’s compatible with all commonly available synthetic chinking
- It helps prevent blistering of chinking surfaces
- It provides extra insulation against heat loss
- It comes in a number of widths and it fits a wide variety of log styles